Public Debt's mission is to borrow money needed to operate the federal government and to
account for the resulting public debt. Our function is to conduct Treasury's debt finance and
accounting operations through the sale of U.S. savings bonds and Treasury notes, bonds, and bills.
Currently, Public Debt employs nearly 2,000 individuals in a variety of occupational fields related
to computers, management, finance, accounting and marketing. The majority of employees are located
in our office in Parkersburg, WV. We also have offices located in Washington, D.C.
The federal government has a special employment program for individuals with disabilities.
Through this special program, Public Debt will accept applications from qualified disabled
individuals for any job vacancy announced with the Area of Consideration listed as "All
Candidates who are interested in learning about current Public Debt job opportunities have
- Access electronic information via computer to obtain employment information 24
hours a day, 7 days a week, through USA
- Contact the Rehabilitation Services Office. A counselor may assist in locating a vacancy that
fits particular skills, abilities, and career goals.
- Use a touch-tone phone to dial (304) 480-6144 to access a recorded listing of current job
Public Debt's All Status vacancies are typically posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days,
although there may be some exceptions. Checking announcements once a week is normally sufficient to
keep apprised of new or continuing vacancy announcements.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a complete application package for each vacancy. Each package must
include the following information:
- Application (e.g., Optional Application for Federal Employment,
OF-612; Application for Federal Employment, SF-171; or résumé). Note: Applicants who wish to submit
a résumé should consult the OF 510 brochure entitled "Applying for a Federal Job". The
brochure can be obtained at http://www.opm.gov/forms/.
- A letter from a State Vocational Rehabilitation agency or the Veterans Administration detailing
the nature and extent of the disability and certifying that the applicant is physically able to
perform the duties of the particular position.
- Any other required information listed on the vacancy announcement.
- To claim veteran preference, submit a copy of the Form DD 214, Report of Separation from Active
Duty. To claim 10-point preference, also submit an SF 15, Application for 10-point Veteran
Preference, along with required documentation listed on the back of the SF 15 form.
For additional information, please contact:
- USA Jobs
- Public Debt Home Page
- Job Information
- Audix: (304) 480-6144
- For deaf and/or hard-of-hearing individuals:
(304) 480-8725 - TDD
Interpreter services are available for employees.
- Bureau of the Public Debt
Treasury Franchise Employment Services Branch
200 Third Street - Avery 2H
Parkersburg, WV 26106
(304) 480-7300 - General Information
- Local State Vocational Rehabilitation Offices:
In the Parkersburg area contact:
West Virginia Division of Rehabilitation Services
Parkersburg Branch Office
400 Fifth Street
Parkersburg, WV 26101
Ohio Rehabilitation Services Commission
Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation
86 Columbus Road
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 592-4411 or 1 (800) 248-4378