Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the Bureau of the Fiscal Service is to promote the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the federal government through exceptional accounting, financing, collections, payments and shared services.
We will transform the way the government manages its finances and delivers shared services. Our goal is more efficiency, better transparency, and dependable accountability.
- We have a deep commitment to serving the interests of the American people and our federal clients.
- We're driven by a passion for improving financial management, and the delivery of administrative services, through efficient and effective operations.
- We never lose focus on our critical program responsibilities - essential to the operation of the federal government - while using our proven abilities and strengths to make government better.
As a combined agency, the Fiscal Service is a sought-after resource.
- We’re a valued partner, providing exceptional service in the collection, management and security of data.
- We’re a strong collaborator, working with clients to strengthen their financial management processes and raise their level of performance, while allowing them to concentrate on their missions.
- We lead and support, we don't simply process and account.
- When we exercise our authority, we do so in a partnership with our clients.
- We make financial information understandable and accessible to the public and federal agencies to promote transparency, better decision-making, and more efficient operations.
We’re guided by our commitment to pursue excellence while embracing the "Five 'I’s" - Integrity, Individual Respect, Information Sharing, Inclusion, and Informality - in our dealings with each other and with those we support and serve.
Quick Links to Our Programs
Treasury Security Services – Treasury Bills, Bonds, Notes and TIPS
Government Agency Investment Services
Summary Debt Accounting
Shared Services through ARC
Do Not Pay Business Center
This legacy bureau provided central payment services to federal agencies, operated the collections and deposit systems, provided government-wide accounting and reporting services, and managed the collection of delinquent debt owed to the government.
See what the roles and responsibilities of this legacy Bureau were – to borrow the money needed to operate the government and to account for the resulting debt.
TreasuryDirect is the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem Treasury securities, including U.S. Savings Bonds, directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form.
The Administrative Resource Center works with federal agencies to improve the agency's success by delivering responsive, customer-focused, cost-effective administrative support.
The Do Not Pay Business Center was developed to support federal agencies in their efforts to reduce the number of improper payments.
A free service offered by the Department of the Treasury to help business and individual taxpayers conveniently pay all their federal taxes electronically.