The Office of Legislative and Public Affairs
See also TreasuryDirect News.
News and Press Releases:
Calendar Year 2014
- U.S. Treasury Collects More Than $3 Billion in Delinquent Debts for States Including $1.9 Billion in Delinquent Child Support
- Fiscal Service Seeks Financial Agent Proposals To Support myRASM
Calendar Year 2013
Calendar Year 2011
- Marty Greiner Joins FMS as Assistant Commissioner for Management, Chief Financial Officer
November 15, 2011
- Treasury's Stored Value Card Program Surpasses $5 Billion
September 8, 2011
- Treasury Celebrates 15th Anniversary of the Debt Collection Improvement Act
May 16, 2011
- U.S. Treasury to "Retire" Paper Check for New Recipients of Social Security and Other Federal Benefits, Saving Taxpayers $1 Billion
April 26, 2011
- Treasury Offset Program Collects Millions in State Unemployment Compensation Debts
March 31, 2011
- Treasury Offset Program Expands to Include Unemployment Compensation Debts
January 31, 2011
Calendar Year 2010
- Treasury Extends Direct Deposit to Millions of Americans, Phasing out Paper Checks for Federal Benefit Payments
December 21, 2010
- U.S. Navy Fleet Now Cashless
October 12, 2010
- Treasury Processes One Billionth Electronic Tax Payment
September 15, 2010
- Richard L. Gregg and Gary Grippo Receive Distinguished Member of the Regiment Award from U.S. Army Finance Corps
May 10, 2010
- Kristine Smeltzer Conrath Named as Assistant Commissioner, Federal Finance
January 15, 2010
This legacy bureau provided central payment services to federal agencies, operated the collections and deposit systems, provided government-wide accounting and reporting services, and managed the collection of delinquent debt owed to the government.
TreasuryDirect is the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem Treasury securities, including U.S. Savings Bonds, directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form.
The Administrative Resource Center works with federal agencies to improve the agency's success by delivering responsive, customer-focused, cost-effective administrative support.
The Do Not Pay Business Center was developed to support federal agencies in their efforts to reduce the number of improper payments.
A free service offered by the Department of the Treasury to help business and individual taxpayers conveniently pay all their federal taxes electronically.