The Office of Legislative and Public Affairs
See also TreasuryDirect News.
Calendar Year 2009
- FMS Commissioner and Assistant Commissioner Visit USS Harry S. Truman
November 6, 2009
- Go Direct Campaign Tops 3 Million Direct Deposit Enrollments
August 19, 2009
- Wanda J. Rogers Assumes New Role as Deputy Commissioner
August 11, 2009
- Secretary Geithner Names David A. Lebryk Commissioner of FMS
June 26, 2009
- Caregivers Helping with Finances Urged to Switch to Direct Deposit
June 22, 2009
- U.S. Treasury Department Advises Social Security Check Recipients to Switch to Direct Deposit as Hurricane, Severe Weather Season Advances
May 20, 2009
- Treasury Announces Schedule for $250 Economic Recovery Payments
April 9, 2009
- Commissioner Judith R. Tillman Retires
April 3, 2009
Calendar Year 2008
- U.S. Treasury Recognizes 12 Financial Institutions as Go Direct "Champions" for Driving Direct Deposit
July 14, 2008
- U.S. Treasury Introduces Direct Express Debit Card for Social Security Payments
June 10, 2008
- Americans Rank Direct Deposit Their Top Money Management Tool
February 6, 2008
- U.S. Treasury to Launch Prepaid Cards for Unbanked Social Security, SSI Benefit Recipients
January 4, 2008
Calendar Year 2007
- Commissioner Kenneth R. Papaj Retires
November 21, 2007
- Top Management Changes at Treasury's Financial Management Service
November 21, 2007
- Treasury Urges Social Security Check Recipients to Switch to Direct Deposit Following Southern California Wildfires
October 25, 2007
- Hit the jackpot? Americans say "no thanks" to giant check, "yes" to direct deposit, according to national poll
October 23, 2007
- Treasury Recognizes Nine Financial Institutions as Go Direct "Champions"
July 24, 2007
- Americans At Risk Of Financial Crime - Even In Their Own Households
February 28, 2007
- U.S. Treasury and Illinois Department of Revenue Announce First in the Nation Federal-State Tax Payment Pilot
January 11, 2007
- Baby Boomers Count Down to Retirement:
U.S. Treasury's Go Direct Campaign Launches Pledge Drive to Spur Direct Deposit for Social Security Benefit Payments
January 3, 2007
This legacy bureau provided central payment services to federal agencies, operated the collections and deposit systems, provided government-wide accounting and reporting services, and managed the collection of delinquent debt owed to the government.
TreasuryDirect is the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem Treasury securities, including U.S. Savings Bonds, directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form.
The Administrative Resource Center works with federal agencies to improve the agency's success by delivering responsive, customer-focused, cost-effective administrative support.
The Do Not Pay Business Center was developed to support federal agencies in their efforts to reduce the number of improper payments.
A free service offered by the Department of the Treasury to help business and individual taxpayers conveniently pay all their federal taxes electronically.