Financial Management Business Use Cases
Treasury's Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation (FIT) is the Line of Business (LoB) Managing Partner for the Federal Financial Management (FFM) service area.
FIT has developed a collection of FFM Business Use Cases which reflect the business needs of financial management. The collection is organized in a library of 12 documents, which consist of an overview and the use cases for 11 end-to-end business processes.
Use cases are descriptions of how financial management processes are performed. The descriptions include a series of steps, beginning with a user's goal and ending when that goal is fulfilled. Among other things, use cases communicate user requirements in the format of a business process.
- FFM Use Case Library Overview 2018
- FFM Use Cases 010 Budget Formulation-to-Execution 2018
- FFM Use Cases 020 Acquire-to-Dispose 2018
- FFM Use Cases 030 Request-to-Procure 2018
- FFM Use Cases 040 Procure-to-Pay 2018
- FFM Use Cases 050 Bill-to-Collect 2018
- FFM Use Cases 060 Record-to-Report 2018
- FFM Use Cases 070 Agree-to-Reimburse 2018
- FFM Use Cases 080 Apply-to-Perform 2018
- FFM Use Cases 090 Hire-to-Retire 2018
- FFM Use Cases 100 Book-to-Reimburse 2018
- FFM Use Cases 110 Apply-to-Repay 2018
To learn more about the FM Use Cases, contact us at FIT@fiscal.treasury.gov