We support and serve federal agencies with many professional accounting, information technology, administrative and financial management services. Because we know how government works, we proudly strive for integrity and efficiency in every aspect of the services we provide.
- We issue payments for most federal agencies in the Executive Branch (exceptions include the Department of Defense and certain independent agencies).
- We ensure that the cash flowing into and out of Treasury’s account is managed efficiently, effectively and securely.
- We protect your financial interests by identifying and preventing improper payments, providing efficient receivables management and collection of delinquent debt.
- The strength of our accounting controls is reflected in the unqualified positive audit opinions we have consistently received on our "Schedules of Federal Debt."
- Our Administrative Resource Center is recognized by the Office of Management & Budget (OMB) as a Center of Excellence for financial management.
We also have a successful federal-state partnership to recover delinquent debt, which collected more than $3 billion in delinquent debts on behalf of state governments in fiscal year 2013. This includes recoveries of delinquent child support and state income tax obligations, unemployment insurance compensation fraud debts, and more. In return, states are recovering overdue debts for the federal government.
Our Annual Report to the States provides important information to the American public describing how all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and three territories maximize their delinquent debt recovery efforts through participation in the Treasury Offset Program (TOP). In each of the last five years, federal collections for delinquent debts owed to states have ranged between $2.5 billion and $3.2 billion.
Learn more about our TOP state programs.
Our Other Major Websites
TreasuryDirect is the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem Treasury securities, including U.S. Savings Bonds, directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form.
The Administrative Resource Center works with federal agencies to improve the agency's success by delivering responsive, customer-focused, cost-effective administrative support.
The Do Not Pay Business Center was developed to support federal agencies in their efforts to reduce the number of improper payments.
A free service offered by the Department of the Treasury to help business and individual taxpayers conveniently pay all their federal taxes electronically.