photograph of Jefferson Memorial

Contact DMS

Debt Management Services (DMS)
Bureau of the Fiscal Service

Before calling our Debt Management Call Center, have you visited our Treasury Offset Program Frequently Asked Questions page?

Regarding Delinquent Debt Notices

If you received a delinquent debt notice from the U.S. Department of the Treasury indicating the consequences for non-repayment of your federal debt, please call our Debt Management Center toll free at 888-826-3127 to speak with one of our representatives. See the attachment below for international calls.

Hearing impaired customers may use the Federal Relay Service by dialing 800-877-8339 to reach a Communications Assistant (CA) who will dial the toll free number.

International Calls Phone List for Delinquent Debt

Regarding the Offset of Your Tax Refund or Other U.S. Government-Issued Payment

If you have questions regarding the offset of your federal tax refund or offset of another U.S. government-issued payment, you can call our Treasury Offset Program (TOP) Call Center to obtain agency contact information. Toll Free: 800-304-3107. See the attachment listed below for international calls.
International Calls Phone List for TOP

The Call Center hours are 7:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. (Central Time). English- and Spanish-speaking agents are available.

Our automated system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Nuestro sistema automatizado está disponible 24 horas por día, siete días por semana.

Other Resources

MyEdDebt logo

Check the status of your federal tax refund through the Internal Revenue Service Web site.

Visit Where's My Refund?

MyEdDebt logo

Centralized Web portal for information and activities related to defaulted education debt for the U.S. Department of Education.

Visit MYEDDEBT.ed.gov Federal Student Aid

Make a payment

Has Treasury contacted you about a nontax debt you owe? You can make a secure payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover) PayPal, or automatic debit using the *Pay.gov Web site. Pay.gov is a secure method hosted by Treasury's Fiscal Service.

Make a Payment

Open Gov   My Money.gov   USA.gov   Business USA
Facebook   Twitter   You Tube   RSS Feed