Financial Innovation & Transformation (FIT)
The Office of Financial Innovation and Transformation identifies and facilitates the implementation of innovative solutions to help government agencies become more efficient and transparent in Federal financial management.
Since its start in 2010, FIT has identified a number of solutions that support common financial processes and improved financial data quality.
FIT's current initiatives
- Managing the Financial Management Line of Business (FMLoB)
- Facilitating agencies transition to Federal Shared Service Providers (FSSPs)
- Federal Financial Management Services Catalog
FIT's earlier initiatives
- Creating a Centralized Receivables Service (CRS)
- Improving Accountability for Intra-governmental Transactions (IGT)
FIT conducted a Shared Services Workshop on March 17, 2015. See the details about the workshop by selecting the link above.
FIT and the Federal Shared Service Providers conducted an agency day that provided government agencies with information about the implementation of financial management shared services, other initiatives of FIT and the designated Federal Shared Service Providers offerings. Here are the presentations:
OMB M 13-08, Improving Financial Systems Through Shared Services
OMB M 10-26, Immediate Review of Financial Systems IT Projects