Frequently Asked Questions
TCIS is available:
Monday-Friday: 6:00am to midnight, ET
Saturday: 7:00am to 4:00pm, ET
Saturday and Sunday hours may be limited due to system maintenance
Use the Transmittal Control and Disbursing Office Maintenance Subsystem of TCIS (TCDOMS). We strongly encourage you to monitor the status of files you submit to TCIS. This includes files for issuing checks, available check cancellations (ACCs), or unavailable check cancellations (UCCs).
Yes. Using TCIS gives PACER users several benefits, including Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment information and check claims information in one place, as well as check images in real time.
You can find enrollment instructions on the Getting Started page.
No. Information is displayed based upon the user’s profile. Users can only see information that they have permission to access.
Not for images less than 2 years old. They will display in your browser. For images that are more than 2 years old, you will need Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
If you are having problems seeing images for checks more than 2 years old, follow these steps:
- From the Start menu, choose All Programs.
- In the list of programs, choose Microsoft Office.
- Within the Microsoft Office list, choose Microsoft Office Tools and then Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
- When the application opens, go to Tools.
- From Tools, Choose Options.
- Within Options, under the "Other" tab, click on Reset.
TCIS has digital check images from October 1996 through the present.
Last modified 10/18/18